Colleen Billing and Riley Duncan
October 24 — November 8th 2015
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is a fertility hormone found in the urine of pregnant women. In the world of performance-enhancing drugs hCG is increasingly used as an anabolic steroid adjunct, taken to maintain testosterone levels that symptomatically dip after a steroid cycle.
A few years ago it was a fad diet.
In each instance the hormone operates uniquely, laying bare the mutability of our own bodies — self-contained and dually permeable.
It was recently discovered that birth control in waste water has caused some fish to change sex.
In salmon hatcheries, a random mother is often killed to sacrifice her eggs for artificial insemination and the progeniture of the species.
How does the biological climate challenge our understanding of what it means to be human?
How does human intervention affect ecology?
I was 10.5 lbs when I was born, six weeks early.
My mother was in labor for 40 hours.
This isn't my real hair color.
We're not made of mud and can't dream of returning to dust.
Your edges are starting to blur.
I'm eating for two.
- Nick Waters and Curtis Wallen / 18 June
- Kayode Ojo and Winslow Laroche / 18 March
- Tom Forkin / 11 February
- NADA New York (Michael Assiff) / 2 March
- Under all this dirt the floor is really very clean / 10 December
- a rose is a rose is a cave / 5 November
- Connor Stankard / 1 October
- David La Spina / 28 August
- Aline Bouvy (organized by Bunk Club) / 25 June
- Willie Stewart / 30 April
- NADA New York (Weston Lowe) / 5 May
- Veronika Pausova / 26 March
- What came of picking flowers? / 13 February
- Isabel Legate / 20 November
- Colleen Billing and Riley Duncan / 24 October
- Evana Roman / 12 September
- Strangers forming a group waiting to kiss / 15 August
- Weston Lowe / 27 June
- Room Service / 15 May
- Art Viewer / May
- Sex Magazine / May
- AQNB / April
- Art Viewer / March
- The Art Newspaper / March
- Artspace / March
- Brooklyn Magazine / December
- AQNB / October
- Brooklyn Magazine / October
- The Word / July
- Art Viewer / July
- Art Observed / May
- Creators Project / May
- Artinfo / February
- Observer / January
- Artinfo / November
- Artsy / November
- Observer / August
- Art F City / August
- Flavor Pill / August